Badminton is an entertaining game can be played by both children and adults. This game needs a racket, shuttlecock and a net across the court.
The court size is almost same and builds according to the instructions of Badminton World Federation. BWF sets all the instructions and rules for Badminton and players must follow these rules. The height and set up of the badminton net should be decided according to the standard regulations.
Here are the steps about how to set up Badminton net
- Badminton net kit
- Spray paint
Setting up the net
Set up the poles: You can get two poles placed in the middle of the court. Badminton court kits consist of these poles which are made up of aluminum metal. After placing the poles, tie the net on the top of the poles. Badminton poles consist of a loop or hook to attach the net.
Get the poles into the ground: Insert the poles in the ground and make sure the poles get fixed tightly on the ground. You can use equipment for good support and place them in a right way.
The net should be 5 feet high in the center part and 5 feet 1 inch high above the poles. This is an international measurement of the badminton net.
Boundaries and lines: Mark the boundaries with chalk, spray paint, tape, and rope all along the ground and set the boundaries according to the guidelines. Per the badminton regulations, a double badminton play court is a rectangle in size that is 44 feet long and 20 feet across. For the single court, the across is 17 feet and length is also the same.
If you want to play in indoor, then look for a perfect place to play. Keep some space outside the court, it is for the audiences or storage. To measure the court you have to use a cone. Place it in a corner then mark the length with a measuring tape. Make sure the length is 44 feet. Then measure the width across by placing the third cone. By measuring the first and third cone, reconfirm with another cone.
Get a help from professional players to set up the net and make sure you are following the rules. You can set the net indoor or outdoor place based on your game time.
After setting up the badminton set, now it is time to assemble the badminton set. As it is a portable game, you have to bring the best playing set and play like a pro.
Let us look at some important points that you need while assembling the badminton set
- First, it is important to what kind of play you are going to play. Is it for only fun or competition? Because it really matters. How? Well, if you want to play badminton for only fun then go for the badminton set that has every equipment’s you need to play with like- badminton racquet, shuttlecocks, foldaway net with folding poles, and ropes for net holding. Here the quality doesn’t matter.
- If you want to play a professional play than you have to check quality and price. The racket has to be high in quality no matter the price is. Then take feather shuttlecocks.
- Take net with metallic poles. Check the net whether it stays good in hot weather or rainy day.
- For this sports, you have to play with comfort. So you have to wear comfortable and suitable sports dress to play tennis sports. The clothes have to allow you play tennis with flexibility. Wear snickers or gym shoes as they have a soft sole and gives you support for a long time.
- Take a carrying bag to carry your badminton set if you purchase them separately. It will make you carry with ease.
- Remember to take quality badminton equipment’s to play in a tournament or else your sports will be a disaster one.
- Do follow the expert player’s advice and skill. It helps a lot.
With a badminton net, you can play badminton in any place you want. This sport is very much similar to tennis but in the badminton players have to use small size racket and a feather shuttlecock. When you are going to set up the badminton set, you have to follow the rules of setting up. Just follow them correctly. All you have to do is join the pieces of poles and set up. Then tie the net to the poles that are standing on opposite sides. To place the poles you have to use guy wires and steaks to make the support strong.
Do remember to measure the court with chalk or net. Yes, your badminton net is ready. See it is not a tough job in how to set up a badminton net. When the set-up is ready, you are now ready to play. You can play this game whenever you have the mood to play. You have to do is just set up the badminton net quickly. You can see it is an easy job.
When you are playing for fun, then you will not have to follow the rules. But if you want to play a tournament play then you have to follow rules and play. Just keep the measurement, boundaries and net height proper to make the game perfect.