Badminton is a rocket game developed in British India around the 19th century. It is played with two and four players where the player hits the shuttlecock with racket across the net. The Badminton court consists of a badminton net in the middle of the court. These courts are usually made up of wood, polyester and cement materials.
The main purpose of the game is to defeat your opponent with your gaming skills and never let the shuttlecock touch the ground on your side. The badminton net plays a major role because it is played across the net. The main thing about the badminton rules is you have to know how high is a badminton net. In this article, you will have full information about everything from a badminton net.
What is the Height of a Badminton Net?
As for the height of a badminton net, you have to know some badminton court rules to put the exact height of the net. Here are some basic points that will cover all the basic information:
The winning point of badminton is 21 points. It can be count on the basis of the ball going over the net and hitting the opponent’s a court. The ball can’t bounce as the tennis ball does. If the game is a tie like 20-20, then one has to play until the score is 2 points more than the opponent. Then will be the winning point will be 22.
For single players, the badminton court has to be 44 feet long and 17 feet wide. And for double players, the court is 4 feet long and 20 feet wide. Mainly the court is long in 44 and wide in 20 ft. you can draw significant lines that will help to understand which is for which one.
The height of the net is 5 feet and 1 inch. The corners ate attached to the poles. The center has to be 5 feet.
The deepness of Net
The net has to be 2 feet and 6 inches high when it is stretched between two poles. The net is supported by cable, cord and a rope.
The material on the net
Mainly nets are made from synthetic or natural, vinyl and nylon cords. This chord is 15-20 mm thick.
You can also check top 5 Tennis balls review here
Badminton court size and net height
A badminton court is constructed as a rectangular space which can be 44 feet long * 17 feet wide for single matches and 44 feet * 20 feet for double matches. The court is divided into two different halves with a net. The badminton the net height is supposed to be 5 feet 1 inch on the sides and 5 feet in the center part.
The depth of the badminton net must be 2 feet 6 inches. The thickness of the net is 15 mm to 20 mm. This is the basic measurements of the Badminton net all around the world. It is very important to attach the net to proper height or else your sports will be blunder one.
Image Source: http://www.badmintonact.asn.au
There are some certain badminton rules and regulations. Check them out:
- This game can be played with two that means single players or double players that is four players.
- A tournament game can be played in indoors with the correct court dimension. The perfect dimension is 6.1m by 13.4m. The net is set up in the middle place of the court. You have to set it at 1.55m.
- You will get a point if your shuttlecock hits in the opponent's court’s parameters.
- After hitting the shuttlecock, if it lands on the net or hit the net than your opponent will get the point.
- The serving rule is hitting diagonally. When you win one point then you have to change the station from the side. If you lose then you can’t change side.
- The rule of serve is to hit from underarm and below the waist. You cannot serve over arm.
- Before starting the game, there will be a toss to determine which player will start first.
- The shuttlecock can move from one side to another side when it is life.
- If any player mistakenly touches the net, then the opponent will get the point.
- You cannot distract the opponent. It will count as big fault.
- There is a referee who sits on the high chair and umpires the game. There are also line judges who look at the movement of the shuttlecock. They also mark the fault and violation.
- This game has two periods. The first period has 90-second rest and after a second period, there is 5-minute rest.
- The referee has the power to ban any player from the tournament if he notices any violation in the game.
Check Here Also, Our Top 10 Tennis Shoes........
Badminton game is an interesting game. When players play this game, the court stays silent. Only you will hear the sound of serve. In this play, the main thing is to know how high is a badminton net will be. The net determines the game when players will play in singles or doubles. If you follow the rules properly then your game will be an easy one.
This game is for all ages and everyone can enjoy this game. So when you want to play this badminton sports, first know all information about badminton than the rules and regulation. Then your play will be a smooth one.